Slacker - that is me
Yes, I have been a slacker and very proud of this past week. It was spring break and a much needed break week for me (as well as for Mike and the girls). Mike took the week off from work and we planned to just hang out. I couldn't wait! I was sick of being in the car and not having a day where I could stay home and get something finished.
The week was nice and lazy. On Thursday we celebrated my birthday and I received some of the best gifts from my family. The girls and Mike made my favorite carrot cake (Susan's recipe), Lauren made me homemade earrings (one a little longer than the other - I love them), a couple of CD's with my favorite music and a hysterical card. Mike also bought me a bike (a little daunting but I am going to try it on the trainer we have at home). And I got to talk to our friends the Marchiondo's because Katelyn and I share the same birthday. Christa's birthday is the 21st and then Lauren's is Tuesday the 24th. We are moms and daughters with birthday's in March. Pretty cool! Lauren was very excited to talk to Katelyn (it has been awhile since we have been able to talk over the computer and it was great to see them.) It was a great day!
On Friday we did something a little unconventional for us. Our friends the Dzurkos have two boys that are the same age as Meagan and Brynna. Their dad, Tom, had talked to Mike about going out to the firing range over spring break and Mike was up for going. We all ended up going out the Ft. Bliss Rod & Gun club. I thought the girls would be reluctant to try firing a weapon (I was) but they took right too it. There was ALOT of safety instruction, parent participation and discussion about the dangers of guns (we don't own one). Everyone seemed to enjoy trying it and I think it gave them each a respect for weapons. My only worry is if Lauren decides to tell her teacher that "she shot a gun over spring break", not sure how that will go over.
Here are a few pictures of them at the practice range.


I guess it is back to the bus! Hope everyone had a good spring break!
The week was nice and lazy. On Thursday we celebrated my birthday and I received some of the best gifts from my family. The girls and Mike made my favorite carrot cake (Susan's recipe), Lauren made me homemade earrings (one a little longer than the other - I love them), a couple of CD's with my favorite music and a hysterical card. Mike also bought me a bike (a little daunting but I am going to try it on the trainer we have at home). And I got to talk to our friends the Marchiondo's because Katelyn and I share the same birthday. Christa's birthday is the 21st and then Lauren's is Tuesday the 24th. We are moms and daughters with birthday's in March. Pretty cool! Lauren was very excited to talk to Katelyn (it has been awhile since we have been able to talk over the computer and it was great to see them.) It was a great day!
On Friday we did something a little unconventional for us. Our friends the Dzurkos have two boys that are the same age as Meagan and Brynna. Their dad, Tom, had talked to Mike about going out to the firing range over spring break and Mike was up for going. We all ended up going out the Ft. Bliss Rod & Gun club. I thought the girls would be reluctant to try firing a weapon (I was) but they took right too it. There was ALOT of safety instruction, parent participation and discussion about the dangers of guns (we don't own one). Everyone seemed to enjoy trying it and I think it gave them each a respect for weapons. My only worry is if Lauren decides to tell her teacher that "she shot a gun over spring break", not sure how that will go over.
Here are a few pictures of them at the practice range.


I guess it is back to the bus! Hope everyone had a good spring break!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home