Sunday, October 5, 2008

Garbage Tree


With the days counting down until our friends move to Switzerland I wanted to share a fun story from this spring.

As many of you know, my friend Christa and her husband helped me remodel our house. From painting to re-tiling the bathrooms we did it all. We also spent quite a bit of time at my favorite store "Lowe's" (I could live there-:-))

One afternoon, when we had to make just a "quick" trip to pick something up we happened upon a ficus tree hanging out of the pizza stores garbage bin. We both saw it at the same time and I asked Christa if she thought we could get it out of the bin, I wanted that tree. As we got closer we realized that it was huge! We found a big box, pulled all of the trash off the tree and between the two of us pulled it out. We must have looked crazy to anyone watching. We were dressed in our uniform of painting pants and torn t-shirts. We got it in the car and it barely made it home. It had to be put in sideways. We were just a little late to pick up kids that day but we were excited about the tree.

I left the garbage tree by the front door for more than a week trying to figure out what kind of pot I was going to use. I finally found the right pot, a big bag of dirt and the two of us re-potted it.

It now has a perfect spot in the living room. I do love that tree, mostly because it was planted with such a good friend that I am going to miss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home