Friday, February 6, 2009

X marks the spot


Ok, so 2008 wasn't great when it came to rain and water in my home so I was thinking 2009 would be better, right? WRONG! For the past week and a half there has been a loud water sound in the laundry room at night. Mike and I have spent a couple of nights walking around our house, walking outside our house, listening to the walls to no avail (our neighbors must think we are nuts). We can hear the water but we don't see water (which I guess is a good thing) and our water meter at the street continues to turn so we know there is a leak somewhere.

So yesterday I called a plumber and was told that I should call a leak detector company first. I called American Leak Detector Company (great company by the way - excellent service and he was actually early!). He was here for about an hour with his high tech equipment listening to the walls, the floor, going in the bathrooms and listening for water. Low and behold he thinks he found the leak. It is none other than below the washing machine, in the cement floor in the middle of my house! Unreal!!

So now I have to wait for a plumber to come out, tear up the tile and cement floor and hope that we have the right spot.

For now we are turning the water off at night and then turning it on in the morning. I have been taking the morning shift for today and tomorrow and Mike will turn it on on Sunday and Monday when it is suppose to be cold outside - tee hee. I have to have something to smile about and being warm in bed while he is cold and turning the water on makes me smile. He is such a good guy!

Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellen and Sharon said...

Oh, Shawn! This house had better be good to you once you get it all fixed!

February 6, 2009 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger The Marchiondo Family said...

Well, the only thing I can say is maybe since your laundry room floor is going to be torn up, why don't you replace all the tile from the family room to the front door. Hee Hee What do you think about that!!!!

February 10, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home