Friday, October 17, 2008

Political News Junkie

I love politics and keeping up on what is happening in the world. I have strong opinions on issues and will discuss them with those that ask but I am not someone who goes around debating issues. A debater I am not, that would be my husband and his side of the family (I don't even try) but that is another story (Abel's love to debate - I think it is genetic).

I find the political process amazing. With only 18 days to go I am watching closely what is happening not only in my community but nationally as well. One site that I like to visit is www.newspapertree.com. The blogs that are listed on the left are fascinating. I enjoy seeing other opinions and have many friends that forward political pieces to me.

My favorite right now has to be one that was sent by one of my family members (who shall remain anonymous). Please keep in mind that I am a McCain supporter so I can find the humor in this piece.
Here it is -

There are fewer than 30 days until the election, an election that will decide the next President of the United States .

The person elected will be the President of all Americans, not just the Democrats or the Republicans.

To show our solidarity as Americans, let's all get together and show each other our support for the candidate of our choice.

It's time that we all came together, Democrats and Republicans alike.

If you support the policies and character of Obama, please drive with your headlights on during the day.

If you support McCain, please drive with your headlights off at night.



I hope everyone enjoys this and smiles. We are having dinner at 2900 tonight I will post details this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen and Sharon said...

Whoa! Dinner at 2900???? We hope you have a wonderful time. Your political piece made us laugh out loud. Have a great weekend.

October 17, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home