Have you heard about the rain we have been having?
Well, I don't know how much more I can write about the rain, will it ever stop? Just when Mike and I think that we have found the leak for the bathroom and family room another torrential rain comes and shows us the errors of our ways. We think we have it figured out and patched but that is not the case. It is getting to the point of being comical.
On Saturday, I again sealed the grout lines, window inset and the curve of the wall with silicone caulk. I used a glove and smeared it on like Vaseline, it was me or the window! I was very proud of my handy work, although, it looks like a kindergartener did it because the gloves were a little too big for my hand. The newspaper had said we were suppose to have a heavy downpour on Saturday but it didn't happen.
On Sunday, the clouds decided to give me a run for my money and I lost again! Not 5 minutes after it started pouring (so hard you couldn't see through the sheets of rain to across the street) the window started leaking and the floor in the family room started to puddle. It was a quick rain, about 30 minutes but still did some damage with water coming in the house.
So after this lovely little shower, Mike was ready to take on the house. He took the hose and sprayed the window while I stood in the bathroom watching those little grout lines; no leaks, nothing, nada, zip, that window was water tight. So he moved up the wall of the house spraying and spraying (we now have a lake on the side of our house). There was one tiny crack over Meagan's window and surprise, surprise that was the one that made water start coming in again. We couldn't believe it. Not a drop coming in Meagan's room but it was traveling the 2x4 into the bathroom (we think, now we are sounding like we know what we are doing).
The roof was our next target. Mike went up and lowered some string so that I could put the nozzle of the hose in it and he could hoisted it to the roof and sprayed the cracks. It took about 3 hours of spraying and watching but we think we found the crack for that leak as well. We were able to put some caulk above Meagan's window and Mike will have to work on the crack on the roof this weekend. We are hoping we hold out and don't get any more rain this week. I am sick of the rain, that is for sure.
Waiting to see if we won the battle.......
On Saturday, I again sealed the grout lines, window inset and the curve of the wall with silicone caulk. I used a glove and smeared it on like Vaseline, it was me or the window! I was very proud of my handy work, although, it looks like a kindergartener did it because the gloves were a little too big for my hand. The newspaper had said we were suppose to have a heavy downpour on Saturday but it didn't happen.
On Sunday, the clouds decided to give me a run for my money and I lost again! Not 5 minutes after it started pouring (so hard you couldn't see through the sheets of rain to across the street) the window started leaking and the floor in the family room started to puddle. It was a quick rain, about 30 minutes but still did some damage with water coming in the house.
So after this lovely little shower, Mike was ready to take on the house. He took the hose and sprayed the window while I stood in the bathroom watching those little grout lines; no leaks, nothing, nada, zip, that window was water tight. So he moved up the wall of the house spraying and spraying (we now have a lake on the side of our house). There was one tiny crack over Meagan's window and surprise, surprise that was the one that made water start coming in again. We couldn't believe it. Not a drop coming in Meagan's room but it was traveling the 2x4 into the bathroom (we think, now we are sounding like we know what we are doing).
The roof was our next target. Mike went up and lowered some string so that I could put the nozzle of the hose in it and he could hoisted it to the roof and sprayed the cracks. It took about 3 hours of spraying and watching but we think we found the crack for that leak as well. We were able to put some caulk above Meagan's window and Mike will have to work on the crack on the roof this weekend. We are hoping we hold out and don't get any more rain this week. I am sick of the rain, that is for sure.
Waiting to see if we won the battle.......

1 Comments:
Shawn, we don't even know what to say, except to offer our condolences. We can give you the number of our roofers. Sharon has had hers done already, and Ellen's is scheduled next week. Bless your hearts. We are so sorry.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home