Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dolly wins




Well, as much as we tried the carpet was beyond hope in the family room. We came down this morning to more wet carpet (which smelled awful), tile coming off the bathroom wall (that we just finished last week) and the motor on the pool not working. The motor on the pool we think, got just too soaked and kept blowing a fuse. We waited awhile and finally it kicked on and has continued to work (fingers crossed).

The carpet we decided to just pull it all up and take it out. Mike has always wanted to put down tile but I have been reluctant, I guess tile it is but it will take a while. Definitely not a weekend project.

The bathroom wall was very wet and tiles were very loose. So we pulled off the ones that were not dry and laid them to put on at a later date. We think we fixed the leak, it looks like it was from the vent outside that was not caulked.

I guess it will be another wet day. I have posted pictures of the empty family room without the carpet and the new living room with furniture as well as the shower. Now we just have to have the cable guy come out (of course there is no outlet in the living room, that would be too easy), fix the roof and start tiling.

I think I am turning into a tiling fool.........

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen and Sharon said...

Oh my! We just wanted to cry for you, Shawn! We know how it feels to be inundated with water. Bless your hearts! Ellen just spoke with her son, so we know it is raining again! We hope the new roof held at Sharon's house. Take care!

July 27, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home