Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Mike

Tuesday was Mike's 42nd birthday. The girls were so excited and had plans for their dad. After the weekend of Dolly, we weren't feeling very festive but his office was having a party and the girls were home for the day. While I was gone Brynna and Lauren called and asked if they could "decorate" the house for his birthday. I felt guilty that they were home all day and said "yes". Little did I know that there would be confetti all over the house, even in between the covers on our bed, thanks to Lauren.

The party at the office was great and his staff are amazing cooks. They made homemade tacos and I think they were the best I have ever had since we moved to El Paso. The food was amazing and I think Mike had a good time.

I got home before he did and the first thing Brynna did was give me a paper to sign before I went to my room - see photo. I knew I was in trouble when there was a contract to sign. Mike came home soon after and as he walked in the door Meagan started to play "Happy Birthday" on our tuned piano and Brynna and Lauren threw confetti at him. When we went upstairs I was shocked at all the confetti on the floor and saw it underneath the covers on our bed, Lauren wanted to make sure I saw her handy work. They had a good time and as stipulated in the contract, they cleaned it all up. Although, I keep finding pieces in different parts of the house, it sort of fits in with the taken apart family room.
Is there confetti still in my hair?..........

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen and Sharon said...

Photo??

July 31, 2008 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger Ellen and Sharon said...

Oh, well, happy bithday, Mike! Children can make you smile, in spite of the disasters that Dolly left you!

July 31, 2008 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Only 42. Whatever!!! Wait til you hit 45 and menopause.

August 1, 2008 at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home