Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring, the Old Man is NOT Snoring

I wish I was snoring right now. We had another storm that brought rain and lots of lightening and thunder throughout last night, monsoon season is in full swing. However, our dog Annie is very afraid of the thunder and lightening so she was whining most of the night.

Yesterday, the piano man came and made our old piano sound fantastic. I had hoped to get out the door and have Mike take care of the piano but the piano tuner decided to come early. He was here at 9:30 a.m. and Mike wasn't dressed and ready. So, I spent the morning talking to him. He has great knowledge when it comes to music and I do enjoy talking to him. It took him a couple of hours to tune the piano. He told us about a piano store out on the east side that sold pianos that he would recommend when we were ready to buy a new one. So after he was finished we all loaded up and went to see what the store had to offer. There were some beautiful instruments and we have a better idea as to what we are looking at price wise.

The girls were excited about the prospect of a new piano. And as luck would have it their piano teacher called to say she had some pieces ready for them to look at as possible performance competition pieces. As expected the piano got a great workout and it sounded beautiful. A tuned piano sure is music to my ears.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen and Sharon said...

Hi, Shawn! Can you email me the name of your piano tuner? Mine is in desperate need of a good tune. We love checking your blog, now. You have a wonderful writing style.

July 18, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home