The Piano Man

Well, since Mike is off this week and has complained about the piano being out of tune since he returned from Iraq, I scheduled the piano tuner for today. The piano tuner is a wonderful man and a friend of our piano teacher, however, he loves to talk more than I do! So, Mike gets to spend the morning with him. I think I am going to go over to the high school and help stuff orientation packets and come back to a relatively tuned piano.
We have had our piano for about 8 years now. We bought it from a retiring 3 star general in San Antonio for $500. It is about 60 years old and the general had played it most of his life. I look back and am amazed that I even got to know the wife, I was just a captains wife at the time and she was just very down to earth. When she heard that I had little girls that were interested in playing the piano she told me that they were selling their piano before they moved. I dragged Mike to the general's house, while the general was not home, and he just didn't know what to say. I think he wanted to say "no" but saw how excited I was and that the general's wife was so willing to sell it to us. He relented and I was beside myself when the movers brought it to our house. I had never owned a piano before and couldn't believe my good fortune. It has been very good to us and does deserve to be in tune.
I think we have since outgrown this piano (at least Meagan has) but it has such great memories that I think when the day comes that we get a new piano I will still keep this upright and not worry if it is in tune or not.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home