Back from the Tech
Well, I thought that it might be helpful to keep everyone up to date on how things are going. We returned from Texas Tech on Saturday and it seemed like a great camp. We are now counting down and ready for tomorrow - when Riley, our new dog comes home! We can't wait.
For those of you who don't know the story.....we got Riley on Mother's Day. He had only been with us for 2 weeks when he went out to the pool at dusk to get a drink of water. I didn't realize that there was also a bat drinking from the pool and when it left it flew right over Riley's back. I couldn't tell if he was bit or not but we needed to err on the side of caution. The next morning I called animal control to tell them what had happened and they informed me that he had to be quarantined for 45 days (state law)! So he has been living with our vet. He is a cute dog and we can't wait to get him back. Tomorrow should be fun.
For those of you who don't know the story.....we got Riley on Mother's Day. He had only been with us for 2 weeks when he went out to the pool at dusk to get a drink of water. I didn't realize that there was also a bat drinking from the pool and when it left it flew right over Riley's back. I couldn't tell if he was bit or not but we needed to err on the side of caution. The next morning I called animal control to tell them what had happened and they informed me that he had to be quarantined for 45 days (state law)! So he has been living with our vet. He is a cute dog and we can't wait to get him back. Tomorrow should be fun.

1 Comments:
Welcome to the world of blogging! We are so happy you decided to keep us all informed about your lives. Poor Riley, we know what a happy puppy he/she will be tomorrow when the welcoming party begins. Congratulations to Brynna! We LOVE Texas Tech band/orchestra camps. We attended many concerts for our children. GO RAIDERS!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home